Convenience is everything these days, and it’s everywhere too, mostly thanks to technology.
We want and can find information on the internet in seconds, swiftly order dinner (delivered to our door) from an app, and with just a few clicks or a call, have someone else do our grocery shopping. Amazing!
Convenience is also important when it comes to self-storage. The Self Storage Association in the United Kingdom survey to self-storage users revealed that a whopping 85% of renters wanted to travel less than 15 minutes to their unit, and more than half want to travel less than 10 minutes. This is why many turn to Google to search for “storage units for rent near me” or “storage rental near me” when starting their search for self-storage.
And self-storage units aren’t just for personal use. Not everyone searching online for storage units for rent are decluttering their household or to simplify moving to a new home. Local businesses see the value in self-storage and reap the benefits of renting a storage unit nearby. Here are some examples:
- Contractors & Construction Companies: storage units are a great place to safely store tools and equipment.
- Offices: storage units are utilized to store excess office supplies, furniture, and documents.
- Realtors & Stagers: self-storage units are leveraged to store furniture and décor items used for staging purposes to help sell properties quicker.
- Retailers: excess stock, seasonal stock, or promotional items are often stored in a unit until needed in-store.
Why is being close to your self-storage facility so important? Because choosing a local self-storage facility gives you the convenience of having your belongings close by and accessible, and helps you keep down moving costs:
- Convenient access: Nothing is worse than needing something and realizing that it’s in storage. If you use a local self-storage company that is 10 minutes away and offers 24/7 access, crisis averted. But if your self-storage facility is a 30-45 minute drive, the task of going to get what you need is a huge inconvenience that will take up far more time and energy than you have or want to spare.
- Lower moving costs: If you’re moving frequently or in stages, or you need to move large, bulky furniture that you may not even use or need right away, you may be considering a professional moving company or truck. Either will charge you by distance or time used, which will quickly add up and become costly during your moving process. If your move is local, to a local storage facility, your moving costs will be significantly lower.
We here at Storage Solutions in Milton make self-storage an ideal solution for everyone, from business owners to collectors. We offer flexible contracts and monthly rentals, so you can store the contents of an entire house, seasonal retail stock, or tools and equipment for as long, or as little as you need.
If you’re located in Campbellville, Milton, Guelph, Rockwood, North Burlington or North Oakville, Storage Solutions could be the facility you’re looking for! We are located in Campbellville, minutes off of the 401 at the Guelph Line exit, making travel a breeze from all surrounding areas. Our units are exclusively drive-up, allowing you to pull right up to the doors and move your belongings directly into your unit. You can access our secure, well-lit facility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Now that’s convenience!
We hope that the next time your searching online for “storage places near me” you’ll contact us.
Your friend in self-storage,