Spring into Cleaning with Storage Solutions
The weather will hopefully be turning warmer soon, Easter is around the corner, and spring is coming. After a winter of fits and starts, we are guessing you’re ready to get organized and clean up your house. We’ve looked all over and come up with some simple and inexpensive ways to get clean and fresh:
- Crack a Window: Seems pretty obvious, but bringing in some fresh air really helps your home rejuvenate. You can also use a cold air mister and add some citronella sent to it for an added feel of freshness.
- Clean your Baseboards: This is a thankless task, but one that doesn’t get done often (or at all). They end up looking really shabby with scuffs and dirt. Next time you’re at the grocery store, buy a Magic Eraser, wet it, and wipe along your baseboards (only if they’re painted white, if wood, just use a damp cloth). They’ll clean up and look like they’ve been freshly painted.
- Clean your Drains: You probably use Drano whenever your drain slows down, but there are a lot of chemical free options. The cheapest is to fill up the sink and use a mini-plunger (not one that you’ve used in a toilet…). There are also long plastic pieces called Zip-It drain cleaners that you stick down the sink and when you pull them back up, years of material come back (not for the faint of heart).
- Get Rid of Pet Hair: Use a rubber dishwashing glove. You can buy these at the Dollar Store, get them slightly wet and rub your hand on the furniture. It also works well on clothes. This is a lot cheaper than the sticky rollers.
- Clean your Dishwasher: Your dishwasher can sometimes be used as another drain which isn’t good for it. Run one cycle with one cup of vinegar in a dishwasher safe bowl on the top rack. Then run another cycle with some baking soda sprinkled in the bottom of the dishwasher.
These are just a couple inexpensive ideas to help you freshen up your home. But, before you do a spring clean, you will probably want to organize all of your “stuff”. We’ve written about this before and the key is to look for items that are big and bulky and that make sense to move to storage. Some ideas would be your snowblower and shovels, your winter tires, winter sports equipment, kids’ toys and winter jackets. In this real estate market, a self storage unit at Storage Solutions is a lot cheaper than moving!
Storage Solutions can help you get organized! Our prices can’t be beat and we rent month-to-month so you don’t need to commit. Our units are all drive-up so you’re not moving your belongings multiple times (and having the muscle injuries to prove it). We also have 24/7 security and we have an employee on site. We care about your belongings and we pay attention.
Come and visit us at 9200 Twiss Rd, Milton Ontario, L0P 1B0, call us at 905-854-1008 or check out our website at www.storagesolutionsontario.com. If you’re better with email, you can e-mail us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your friend in self-storage,