Depressing, but true, Christmas is over! We hope you’ve had a wonderful holiday season and you’re enjoying 2017 so far. January is truly a time for organizing and we bet part of your New Year’s resolutions include getting the house in order.
Christmas decorations are magical and they bring the family together. There’s something wonderful about decorating the house and getting ready for one day out of the entire year. However, Christmas decorations are also really big. So many people are making the environmentally conscious decision to buy “fake” trees and garland, which is great, but these things take up a lot of room in your house. And, let’s face it, every year, your Christmas ornament stash seems to get bigger and bigger!
What should you do with your Christmas decorations for the other 11 months of the year? Why, it’s obvious- rent a medium sized self-storage unit with Storage Solutions! And, while you’re preparing to store, here are some tips to make your life easier:
- Keep your tree clean by wrapping it in the bag that it came with. Don’t force the tree into the bag, take the time to remove the lights, arrange the branches carefully and make sure it’s properly stored so that you don’t damage or break anything for next year.
- Take the time to unravel your Christmas lights. You can wrap them around an old cereal box or large pop bottles.
- Keep bead garlands in their own container, like a water bottle so they don’t tangle.
- Hang some of your wreaths in your unit to make use of the wall space. You can get 3M hooks that easily come off the walls. This also prevents your wreaths from warping.
- Egg cartons are very useful for tiny ornaments, especially the ones that have a lot of pieces.
- Use newspaper to create some cushion for your many ornaments – you need to worry about transporting them to and from your storage unit safely and in one piece.
- Keep a list of what you have! Even if it’s a simple one like 2 wreaths, 1 Christmas tree, 5 strings of lights. It helps you plan next year and prevents you from buying more than you need.
Happy 2017 and don’t be discouraged by the Christmas clean-up. It can be very satisfying to organize your life and you might find that once you’re done putting your Christmas decorations away, that you have room to store your extra belongings as well.
What’s great about Storage Solutions? Many things! But we also have exclusively drive-up units (imagine carrying your Christmas tree all the way to an elevator and down a hall…no thank you!), flexible contracts, 24/7 access, on-site staff and security.
Still have questions? We’re happy to find answers for you! Call us at 905-854-1008, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or come on in to 9200 Twiss Rd, Milton Ontario.
Your friend in self-storage,