Family Day is around the corner, and for the first time in a few years, we’ve had some snow. We thought we’d do a round-up of some great activities and places in and around Milton, Ontario.
- Glen Eden Ski Resort: This ski resort is a classic. Located on a escarpment, and an easy drive from Guelph, Burlington, Cambridge, Milton, Oakville and Mississauga, skiing or snowboarding at Glen Eden is an experience. During busy times, rental lines can understandably get long, so make sure you get there early, or bring your own equipment. Check out their website at: https://gleneden.on.ca/
- Hilton Falls: Hilton Falls, located at 4985 Campbellville Road, Milton, is beautiful all year round. It gets especially busy in the summer, but a lot of people forget about it in the winter. Give it a go – it’s a great hike, and we’ve heard a rumour that the staff actually has a bonfire going all the time that you can roast marshmallows at. Pretty cool, especially for the kids. More details can be found at: http://www.conservationhalton.ca/park-details?park=hilton-falls
- Maple Town, Mountsberg Conservation Area: Hmmm, it seems like all of the “things to do” are run by the Halton Conservation – they clearly have great taste! Maple Town is a real winner. It runs from February 24 until April 2, 2018 on weekends, holidays and March Break from 10am - 4pm each day. We remember going as kids and being fascinated by it, not to mention, maple candies are delicious. More details can be found at: www.conservationhalton.ca/maple-town
- Milton Centre for the Arts: OK, an indoor activity! The Milton Centre for the Arts, located at Main Street and Thompson Road in Milton, features performances for all ages. Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr. will be there February 14-18, 2018…need we say more? Full details available on their webpage: http://www.firstontarioartscentremilton.ca/en/index.asp
- Mattamy National Cycling Centre: The Town of Milton hosts the velodrome and you can drop in for a quick spin, if you’d like. You have to book your drop-in online (http://www.mattamynationalcyclingcentre.ca/en/participate/drop-in-cycling.asp).
Hope you find lots of winter activities to keep yourself busy. If you can think of any others…let us know! Many of our customers ask us about things around Milton and we always love to share what’s great about our town.
And, one other great winter activity, is self-storage at Storage Solutions in Milton! We are a great place to store with reasonable prices, drive-up units, 24/7 access, on-site staff and security. We offer simple self-storage – sign up is fast and easy, storing is hassle-free, and we want you to be happy.
And when you’re done with all of your winter activities, keep us in mind for your Spring storage. Ski equipment is a great investment, but it’s not exactly small.
Still have questions? We’re happy to find answers for you and we want you as a customer. Call us at 905-854-1008, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or come on in to 9200 Twiss Rd, Milton Ontario.
Your friend in self-storage,