Ready to rev that engine?
Yup - it’s time to take your car out of self-storage!
We know you’re excited to get in the driver’s seat, so we’ll cut right to the chase.
To help you make sure your vehicle is road ready, even just for the car ride home to your driveway or garage, follow these 10 tips for taking your car out of storage:
- Remove any covering you placed over your car to protect it from dust or scratches.
- Call your insurance company to resume your road insurance again. This can take 2-3 weeks depending on your insurance company and how fast they can report to the Insurance Bureau of Canada.
- Check that your license plate sticker is valid – if not, renew it.
- Check the floor for leaks.
- Make sure you remove any baking soda boxes you placed inside at the time of storage to control odours – that’s a mess you don’t want to clean up!
- If you followed our plastic bag over the air inlet and exhaust pipe tip to prevent dust, make sure you remove it.
- Charge the battery.
- Check the tires for pressure.
- Check all fluid levels for safety.
- ALWAYS check that your brakes work! Drive your car out very slowly and pump the breaks a few times to confirm that you can successfully stop your vehicle.
You’re all set!
Safe driving and we’re looking forward to helping you again with your car storage needs in the fall and winter seasons.
Still have questions? We’re here to help! Call, text or email us, or come for a visit – we love visitors!
Your friend in self-storage,