We are often asked if temperature controlled storage is really worth the extra cost and if it’s really needed.
Our answer is Yes to both, if any or all the following is true:
- Your items require temperature regulation to help them remain in good quality while they are in storage.
- They have high value.
- They have sentimental importance.
Temperature controlled storage provides an added layer of protection for your belongings, at an added cost, while they are tucked away in storage. Investing in the extra protection helps guarantee that your items will come out of storage in the same condition as when they went in.
Items which tend to fare better when stored (short or long term) in storage units with regulated environments include:
- Antiques & family heirlooms
- Wooden furniture
- Works of art
- Delicate paper items – photographs, books, magazines, comics or collector cards
- Vintage clothing
- Electronics - computers, speakers, and cameras
- Musical instruments
- Vinyl records
Are Temperature Controlled Storage & Climate Controlled Storage the Same Thing?
Self-storage facilities that offer temperature controlled self-storage, which regulate the temperature across the units, commonly between 55°F and 85°F. Facilities that offer climate-controlled self-storage also regulate humidity. Climate-controlled storage facilities typically guarantee that the temperature will be maintained between 55°F and 85°F and that the humidity will be maintained around 55%.
Some self-storage facilities allow renters to regulate their own individual storage units. Having this level of control may not be to your benefit if you do not know what the best temperature is for your specific stored items. Plus, you are not at your storage unit on an ongoing basis to monitor the temperature (or humidity) and adjust if needed.
What makes Storage Solutions different from other temperature controlled self-storage facilities?
1. Our entire building is connected, which means that temperature and humidity are equally maintained throughout, instead of trying to manage different warehouses with different systems.
2. Our interior self-storage units are all brand new and painted white inside so that the high efficiency LED light from above reflects off the walls inside the units, making them much brighter.
3. Customer access to our facility (yard and building) is managed by a key card access system. Every person who rents a storage unit is assigned a key card that is unique to them, allowing them access to building during our hours of operation. The access is managed by our onsite staff, who monitors the comings and goings of everyone.
4. We offer drive-up storage containers in the rear of the building, with 24/7 gated access. Our steel storage containers (re-purposed shipping containers) offer a unique drive-up environment that is completely sealed from the outdoors and secure. These self-storage containers are perfect for car storage, as you can drive right in and out whenever you’d like.
If you’re looking for affordable, flexible, safe and easy self-storage, consider Storage Solutions. Our Woodstock location offers a wide variety of indoor temperature controlled storage unit sizes and outdoor storage containers. Our Milton location does not offer temperature controlled storage units, however we have proven tips and tricks to share with you to help reduce humidity levels in our 4 sizes of self-storage containers for an added layer of protection.
Whatever your self-storage needs are, we’re confident we can help you for as little or long as you need. Contact us today to speak with a member of our team.
Your friend in self-storage,